This Content Is Only For Paid Subscribers
Getting a B-type US Visa can be a lengthy and complex process. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Determine which B visa category you need: There are two types of B visas – B-1 (business) and B-2 (tourism, medical treatment, or visiting family or friends). Determine which type of visa is appropriate for your trip.
- Complete the DS-160 form: The first step in the process is to complete the online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) form on the U.S. Department of State website. A sample of the form can be downloaded here. Download and practice before completing the one you’ll submit online because once submitted, you can’t make corrections for errors.
- Pay the application fee: After you have completed the DS-160 form, you will need to pay the non-refundable visa application fee. The fee can be paid online or at a designated bank. The fee is currently USD160.
- Schedule an interview: You will need to schedule an interview with a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. Wait times for appointments can vary depending on the location, so it’s best to schedule your interview as soon as possible.
- Prepare for the interview: You will need to bring several documents to your interview, including your passport, a printed copy of your DS-160 confirmation page, and any supporting documents that show the purpose of your trip, such as a letter of invitation from a U.S. host or a business contract.
- Attend the interview: On the day of your interview, arrive early and dress professionally. During the interview, the consular officer will ask you questions about the purpose of your trip and your ties to your home country. Read our guide on how succeed at the interview.
- Wait for the visa decision: After the interview, the consular officer will either approve or deny your visa application. If approved, your passport will be returned to you with the visa affixed to a page inside.
- Plan your trip: Once you have received your visa, you can begin planning your trip to the United States. Be sure to follow all U.S. immigration laws and regulations while you are in the country.
It’s important to note that each visa application is unique and may require additional steps or documents. It’s recommended to check the U.S. Department of State website for specific information on visa requirements and procedures. If you have any doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to send us a mail or chat us on WhatsApp for help.